Thursday, July 24, 2014

Seeking relief

The forest fires in the Northwest are tragic. Hundreds of acres have burned and families are losing their property and businesses. Nature can be as cruel as it is beautiful. We stopped at Two Rivers for a few days and took a dip in Lake Roosevelt.




This is their marina and it is filled with houseboats.



We made another pass through Central WA wine country.

There was a pot shop next door. I went inside to looky-loo at their inventory, prices, and procedures.  I never thought I would see this happen in my lifetime. Leave it to the state to "sin" tax it into unaffordable.

On to Lincoln City, OR. I am soooooo happy to be among the green trees of the PNW. The smell of the ocean and cool breeze makes me giddy with happiness.

This is the shortest lighthouse on the Oregon coast


Octo-tree


And this is the tallest



1 comment:

  1. I'll see you next Wednesday! Can't wait to get away for a day :)
    Jill

    ReplyDelete