Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring has sprung

The desert is in bloom. Cacti are covered in blooms; some lasting only a day




Kay and I lounged at Cindy's cabana on the beach


Hummingbirds are plentiful.


We received this hand carved and painted bird chime from Steve and Becky.
Her name is Abby. As in Abby Normal. She is temporarily out of the wind and inside the motorhome.


We went shooting in the desert with Peggy and Greg and some Spring Breakers who were visiting them. I did really well the first round and went downhill from there. Sure is fun though. 


 

Tim is a very good shot. He blew those water jugs all over the place, shooting them down the road like a wild west gunslinger. I feel safe with him by my side for many reasons, 


Me, I've been named the Shooter Queen by my friends here at the park. I sling booze into tasty concoctions. People drop off bottles and ask me to create something. I think I've found my calling.


Now these don't look very pretty but they are everyone's favorite. An Oreo cookie crust topped with a filling of Baileys, vodka, chocolate pudding and whipped cream. I tried to freeze them but that didn't work because of the liquor in them. I'll perfect this one.


This is an example of what can happen some days. The guys are watching our new electric rotissiere. Apparently this was the big event of the afternoon. 


We had an electrical storm roll by


Look at the dirt being kicked up across the river. So much ATV action.


Snapping turtles, beavers, fish; And a laptop. Our phone coverage has been crappy, but we have excellent internet. I'm kinda getting used to no phone. It's a nice change for awhile.


It's in the mid 90's and we've been swimming in the River. Even the dinghy's need a bimini. I just love it here; the scenery is always fresh.


We had a blow out on the motorhome on Interstate 10. It was the rear inside dual on the drivers side. Thankfully there was no damage to the coach and the damaged tire didn't shred. We were able to drive to a tire dealer and had the 2012 tire replaced. All is well that ends well.


We're back in the Phoenix area for some appointments and make a liquor run before heading into Utah.  A short stop back at Canyon Vistas to visit some friends and enjoy resort amenities. There was a good turnout for the Water Volleyball Tournament


We've had enough desert action for the season.
 We cannot wait to get on the road for new adventures.
Time to do what we got this beast for. Travel!




No comments:

Post a Comment