Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Yuma? Really?

We each have our own personal windshield while driving down the road.


We see mountain peaks and airplane graveyards.



With everything closed up I can still get up to make a snack, take a nap, or use the bathroom
Yes, we went to Yuma. In the past this has always been a drive through city on the way from San Diego to the River or Phoenix. And it should remain so. But it won't because we actually had a good time here too.
I've got to learn to stop putting my foot in my mouth about certain Southwestern towns. Now that we have a motorhome to stay in, it's a different world. I would never come here to stay in a hotel, and I never thought I would stay at an RV Park (read: Retirement Village). These areas are overflowing with snow birds and boomer birds, many of them Canadians.


 It was super windy and only a handful of people showed up for happy hour by the pool. Free entertainment, 7 days a week. BYOB. Yesterday it was 89 degrees and everyone was in the pool listening to a different band.





No comments:

Post a Comment